Skip to main content

The IF Factor: Questions Answered 421-430

421. If you could realize a dream that you have had while asleep, what dream would you pick?

Walking the aisle at Wrestlemania. I'm don't remember what that dream was about, I know, strangely enough,  but I always felt walking the aisle at a Wrestlemania would such a cool moment. 

422. If you could choose two colors and one symbol to represent a new country created by you, what two colors and symbol would you choose?

I would choose dark blue and light blue, with white being a given color. I would choose a cross bar along with a old-English style cross in front of it. Because there are sites out there that allow you to actually design your own flag, I messed around and brought my vision to life.



423. If you had to identify the worst hotel room you have ever stayed in, where was it?

Oh, this is quite easy for me. While my trip to Italy did include some tiny rooms, bathrooms, showers, and some other inconveniences not suitable or accustomed by Americans, nothing will ever compare to a Washington D.C. hotel I stayed in during my college baseball days. Roaches, a mice, drug deals, and I'm pretty sure prostitution was rampant throughout the night. VERY sketchy building, scene, and area. 

Oddly enough, my recent trip to DC included one of the coolest hotels I've ever been in, "The George." 

424. If you had to name the most important invention in history, what would win?

Wow, this is extremely hard. Right off the bat I want to say the computer, as I can't even imagine life without modern technology. Also the wheel comes to mind as well. However, I'll stick to my guns on my original thought and go with electricity. I'm sure that change the game for many facets in life. 

425. If you had to choose the best song ever composed, which one would it be?

Wow. Too hard. No matter what I answer with, I'll come up with something else and wonder what  was thinking at this exact moment. I'm going to go cheat and go with three songs that immediately come to mind, "Imagine" by John Lennon, "I Can Only Imagine" by MercyMe, and "Everlong" by Foo Fighters. I'm going with these three just on the sheer quality of the writing involved in the lyrics. All three songs evoke deep and interesting thoughts amid the music. 

426. If you could solve one unsolved crime, which one would you solve?

Another tough one - first thing that came to mind was the unsolved murder of JonBenet Ramsey. 

427. If you could win any competition in the world, what would it be for?

American Idol or The Voice, or one of those other crazy singing competition shows would be tremendous because I absolutely cannot sing. But as someone who enjoys the sporting world, winning a Crossfit competition would be awesome. Again, another win very unlikely, and would probably be a miracle. 

428. If you just learned that you had exactly one year to live, what would you do with your remaining time?

Travel. I would quit my job, pack my bags and my laptop and go see the rest of the world. Possibly penning a "final season" so-to-speak of Dome Pondering.

429. If you could break one current world sports record, which one would it be?

All-time Home Run record. So there would be no more controversy. 

430. If you were allowed to eat only one vegetable for the rest of your life, which one would it be?

Broccoli. Love them. And they go with plenty of meals. 

Recently Read Posts

4:44 - Jay-Z Pulls Me Back

I admit it. At one point, this Brooklyn-born-and-raised guy who narrated his growth to the tunes of one Jay-Z, believed that those days were gone. Over the last two or three albums, I sort of gave up on Jay-z being that voice that I can identify with. That voice that always speaks and holds truth to what I can relate to. Upon growing into a possible billionaire, and rapping about having money and whatever it was, I was one of those fans who decided, you know, will just listen to the hits. 
Partly, I was disappointed. He went from reaching in and representing the inner city heart of anyone who understood the words and sounds beyond just the catchy hooks and killer beats of what mainstream (and white) America heard.

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 7/16/17

3 Up 
1. Surprised Mother/Bride - I'm not one for sappy stories, but I am a sucker for a good story that reflects the circle of life, and the meaning of everything happening for a reason. Give this story a quick read - a mother who recently lost her son, has the recipient of her son's heart in a transplant show up at her wedding. Good stuff. Just good stuff. 
2. MLB All-Star Break - The MLB hit it out of the park earlier this week with an amazing time that included an awesome Home Run Derby, and some shenanigans that made for a good All-Star Game.
2A. Aaron Judge - Kudos to the big man for not only going along with the budding hype, but adding some legitimacy to it with that Home Run Derby performance. 
3. Roger Federer - Another Wimbledon Championship for the vet as he continues to hold off the young flock on the rise, yet continuing to add to an already super impressive legacy. 
3 Down
1. Donald Trump Jr. Situation - And...politics is back on the list. The continuing Russia p…

Dope Sports Threads - 2017 MLB All-Star Break

You knew I had to post on everything aesthetic during the MLB All-Star Break festivities. I just had to! Yes, I am a nerd for this stuff - always have been, always will be. And unlike some baseball fans, the All-Star Break is still must-see for me. I enjoy the Home Run Derby. I enjoy the All-Star Game. I appreciate seeing the guys enjoy the game that I love as well.

I'll leave my continued feelings (and rants) for fans who continue to push back against the progression of the game of baseball. For now, I'll just leave it be. I'm sure the rest of this post may drive them nuts too. Oh well. Here are some things that caught my eye this week:

Turning Thirty-Two

Today, I turn thirty-two. There is just something odd about this age - like twenty-three was, or twenty-eight was, you know, the mile markers in between the rest stops - that just doesn't carry the super significance as 21 and 30 did. Although, at this stage of life, there are many mile markers, and those celebratory rest stops are much, much fewer in between. 
Though, it wasn't too long ago I passed a big one - thirty! And if you remember, I loved becoming AND being thirty. To be honest, I enjoyed being thirty-one, and really, thirty-two already seems kick-ass. Call me crazy, my thirties have been VERY enjoyable. 
But as I turn thirty-two, there isn't much significance in the number, but truly, it's about the changes in myself. Thirty was just two years away, and I am already better than that version of myself. This year marked ten years since I've graduated from college (Things I Would tell My college Self), and I am a much better version of myself compared to t…