1. Sarena Williams - She might be the best women's athlete of our time. Another U.S. Open win, and just another major added to the list of victories for the tennis great.
2. Peyton Manning - Seven touchdowns sound like something out of a Madden video game, but Peyton kicked off the NFL season this past Thursday with a bang accomplishing the crazy feat.
3. Yusmeiri Petit - Rounding up the sports heavy "Ups" this week is a rather unknown to most casual fans. Petit was one out away from a perfect game and lost it due to a hit by Eric Chavez. Tough loss, but getting that close is always admirable.
1. Syria -This scenario gets stranger has it is drawn out. Either way, it's sure to keep tensions high around the world.
2. Yankees Bullpen - When my main man, Mariano Rivera, is blowing saves, then you know how bad it is. The Yankees bullpen has been dreadful and could be the deciding factor in them not playing games in October.
3. Twerking Girl - The fad that is twerking is one that is annoying, especially the fact that girls record themselves doing it. This girl earns the third down this week for her twerking fail AND for still posting it to the web for shameful popularity.