Skip to main content

The Pondering 10 - Favorite Things of Summer

I'ts been awhile since the DP has featured a Pondering 10 list. Too long to be honest. With summer in full swing, my favorite time of the year, more so that Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, or any other distinct period, why not explain the reasons in a P10 list? So without further explanation or further fluff, here is the new Pondering 10: Favorite Things of Summer.


10. Washing My Car - I might be in the minority on this one, but one of my simple joys in life is having a cold drink and washing my car. Weird? Maybe. However, I enjoy personally cleaning, washing, vacuuming, wiping, altering, and waxing my car. I don't go to a Car Wash. For me, it's all about the personal experience with your ride, and the summer allows that to happen frequently.


9. Outdoor Events - Whether it be concerts, festivals, zoo-adventures, or a simple a stroll in the park, there is always something going on in the summer, especially here in New York City. The opportunities make for fun times.



8. Playing Softball - The ultimate summer game for everyone of all ages and genders to play. Summer is for baseball, but softball evens the playing field for everyone and provides for some good times.



7. Cool Breeze on a Hot Day - Another weird one, but there is just something about a nice cool breeze on a hot summer day. Just can't put it into words, but you know exactly what I mean.



6. Road Trips - This is where that personal loving from your car wash comes into play as your ride will return the favor as you put her on the open road. Sometimes the destination isn't as fun as the adventure there but overall, it is a great experience. Road trips abound are always summer fun. 



5. Shorts, Skirts, and Sun Glasses - As a person who hates bundling up in the winter, this is one of the perks of the summer season. No worries about layering or figuring out "how cold" it exactly is. There is only one temperature and it is hot. Throw on a skirt, or a pair of shorts, a t-shirt, a pair of sneakers or flip flops, and head out.



4. Barbecues - I love a good barbecue. One of my top types of foods there is. Hanging outside, grilling burgers and hot dogs, and simply chatting is always a good time.



3. The Beach - I love the beach. In fact, whenever I go on vacation anywhere, it's a priority of mine to have a beach included. After all, how can you NOT like the beach? Seriously.



2. Baseball! - The best sport in the world is in mid-season. From the majors, to minors, to even local college leagues, baseball and summer is a marriage that will always - ALWAYS - work.



1. Longer (and brighter) Days - The longer days definitely make the summer experience. One of the biggest reasons I hate winter is that feeling of getting out of work and being in the dead of night. It just makes you want to go home, and well, stay home. The longer days allows for more fun, and for more of the things mentioned above. 

Recently Read Posts

Dome Pondering Export - "TNA's Biggest Problem Is..."

After ten years of importing materials, words, pictures, and videos from other sites her for your viewing and for archiving, I never thought I'd get to the point where I'd be EXPORTING material out to other sites. Yes, the DP continues to grow, and yours truly had the kind opportunity to contribute a guest column to an awesome Pro Wrestling blog with a very large audience. The piece has since been very well received, and I hope to have the opportunity to do so in the future, and maybe even other sites and avenues as well. 
You can read the column here on the TNAsylum website (special thanks to them as well for posting), or the entire text below:

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 10/22/17

3 Up

1. #MeToo - Kudos and so much props to all of the women who shared their stories of being abused. I personally read the stories of former students I am connected with on social media, and the stories abound are a wake up call to all of us men. We need to be better.

2. Los Angeles Dodgers - Just one loss all postseason, and the best team in baseball all year long now find themselves on the big stage in the World Series. They'll have their workout cutout against a tough Astros team.

3. AJ Styles - One of my favorite pro wrestlers of all-time performed in Chile, received a phone call to cover a match not happening, then appeared at WWE TLC against Finn Balor in a memorable night. The life of pro wrestlers are so, so, so rough. Kudos to Styles on delivering - like he always does.

3 Down

1. Somalia Attack - First, the story of the Somalia bombing is horrific. The thought that it wasn't covered as much as other terrorist attacks says so much about the Western world. Second, sham…

Thoughts After the 2017 ALCS Loss

Well, it finally came to an end, and yes, I am disappointed. I know I said "whatever happens in the ALCS" in my previous post following the ALDS clincher over the Indians, but this one still hurts. Yes, the Yankees were in an unfamiliar role as underdog being in their "rebuilding" year and that's seems to be the medicine everyone is taking for this pain, but you know what? ALCS appearances don't come around too often - even if you're the New York Yankees - and going this far shouldn't ever - EVER - be taken for granted.

I wanted this series. I wanted the World Series. I wanted the Dodgers in the Fall Classic.

But instead, Houston, the better, more deserving team in the series, gets the nod for the American League.

Despite all of the emotions and adrenaline settling now that the 2017 season is over, I am in fact excited for April. There are a lot of pieces in play, plenty of money off the books (officially saying goodbye to A-Rod), and of course, th…

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 10/15/17

3 Up
1. Hollywood Victims - Much props to the many men and women who have taken the step in telling their story about sexual assault and being the victim of displays of power for sexual gain within Hollywood. It's tough, especially in such an unforgiving business like show business, but it takes guts to tell the truth - much respect to you all who did so.
2. Joe Girardi - Have you ever seen a more brutally honest manager or head coach during a playoff stretch? Girardi has been letting his soul bare on mistakes, feelings, lineups, results, decisions, his family, his time in New York, and anything and everything else. I have a feeling Girardi is walking away, after this season, and if he is, I'm glad he's doing it by just being him. 
3. Eminem - I've seen some new school fans insult Eminem and downplaying his ability. I'm still a fan. After all, no one - NO ONE - captures anger in their music like Em. No one. Still so captivating. And yes, his freestyle of President …