I'ts been awhile since the DP has featured a Pondering 10 list. Too long to be honest. With summer in full swing, my favorite time of the year, more so that Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, or any other distinct period, why not explain the reasons in a P10 list? So without further explanation or further fluff, here is the new Pondering 10: Favorite Things of Summer.
10. Washing My Car - I might be in the minority on this one, but one of my simple joys in life is having a cold drink and washing my car. Weird? Maybe. However, I enjoy personally cleaning, washing, vacuuming, wiping, altering, and waxing my car. I don't go to a Car Wash. For me, it's all about the personal experience with your ride, and the summer allows that to happen frequently.
9. Outdoor Events - Whether it be concerts, festivals, zoo-adventures, or a simple a stroll in the park, there is always something going on in the summer, especially here in New York City. The opportunities make for fun times.
8. Playing Softball - The ultimate summer game for everyone of all ages and genders to play. Summer is for baseball, but softball evens the playing field for everyone and provides for some good times.
7. Cool Breeze on a Hot Day - Another weird one, but there is just something about a nice cool breeze on a hot summer day. Just can't put it into words, but you know exactly what I mean.
6. Road Trips - This is where that personal loving from your car wash comes into play as your ride will return the favor as you put her on the open road. Sometimes the destination isn't as fun as the adventure there but overall, it is a great experience. Road trips abound are always summer fun.
5. Shorts, Skirts, and Sun Glasses - As a person who hates bundling up in the winter, this is one of the perks of the summer season. No worries about layering or figuring out "how cold" it exactly is. There is only one temperature and it is hot. Throw on a skirt, or a pair of shorts, a t-shirt, a pair of sneakers or flip flops, and head out.
4. Barbecues - I love a good barbecue. One of my top types of foods there is. Hanging outside, grilling burgers and hot dogs, and simply chatting is always a good time.
3. The Beach - I love the beach. In fact, whenever I go on vacation anywhere, it's a priority of mine to have a beach included. After all, how can you NOT like the beach? Seriously.
2. Baseball! - The best sport in the world is in mid-season. From the majors, to minors, to even local college leagues, baseball and summer is a marriage that will always - ALWAYS - work.
1. Longer (and brighter) Days - The longer days definitely make the summer experience. One of the biggest reasons I hate winter is that feeling of getting out of work and being in the dead of night. It just makes you want to go home, and well, stay home. The longer days allows for more fun, and for more of the things mentioned above.