Skip to main content

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 5/19/13

3 Up

1. Warm Weather - I love summer. And with the weather now becoming consistent with sixty degree-plus days here in New York City, you just can't beat it. Especially, when softball is involved.

2. Miguel Cabrera - Three home runs tonight against the Rangers. The man is just special.

3. Yahoo - Purchasing Tumblr is risky, but it is good to see Google's rival trying to revitalize itself in the blogging and social media world.

3 Down

1. Tornadoes - The devastation that has ripped through Texas and Oklahoma is heartbreaking. Mother nature really can be cruel at times.

2. New York Knicks Season - Well, it's all over. I'll address this later this week for sure. Still hasn't truly settled in as of yet.

3. Nicki Minaj - That performance during the Billboard Music Awards (if you can call it that) was a disgrace to real Hip Hop. I miss the days when performances and songs were about attitude, lyrics, and expression rather than doing something to "trend".

Recently Read Posts

Defending the NFL - I Just Don't Get It

Yes, I don't watch football. Well, not anymore. 
I've been completey sober for two years, not counting that one hiccup in watching the Super Bowl in February. 
So yeah, I'm not into football. I'm not particularly fond of the sport's connection to CTE issues, it's blatant obstruction or disregard for science expressing it's connection to football, nor its handling of various matters over the years. And that's even before Colin Kaepernick decided to shake the core of our nation's reality my simply dropping to a knee. 
I actually don't even care for the sport, really. The NFL is rather gross in all that it is, and has been for a long time. And for those touting college football and it's culture - excuse me. I was born, raised, and currently live in the North East. I have friends and colleagues in the South and across the country who revel in those sagas that exist only for and around Saturdays in the Fall. But, not even college football intere…

Sunday Sundown Rundown - 12/10/17

3 Up
1. Brian Cashman - Yes, I was one of those crazies that followed the breaking story of Stanton to the Yankees on Friday night into Saturday morning - until 4:00am to be exact. I still can't believe it's real. More so, can we give credit to Brian Cashman, who continues to prove doubters wrong in his wheeling and dealing? The rebuilding was one year, and well, that included being one win from the World Series. Just Crazy. 
2. Get Out - I finally got around to watching the Jordan Peele film, and it's absolutely amazing. So thought provoking in so many ways. A great film, and ironically, one that has me thinking about visiting the in-laws in a week or so. Just kidding...sort of. 
3. Supergirl - This girl is 16 and already can squat way more than I could. Such a crazy story, but an inspirational one. Definitely give it a read. 
3 Down
1. Roy Moore - "I think it was great at the time when families were united — even though we had slavery..." SMH. Yet, we still hear…

Dome Pondering Movie Review: Get Out (2017)

What is it about?
A Young black men spends the weekend at his white girlfriend's parent's house. What happens next gives way to a thriller, but more so, a microcosm of race relations in society. 
Who is in it?
Allison Williams - Rose Armitage
Daniel Kaluuya - Chris Washington

Pro Wrestling's Interesting Place in 2017

For me, pro wrestling is an interesting place. And it got here in 2017. 
For the pro wrestling fan, there are plenty of current options. We're not talking the kind of options that was once out there on a national level (ala WCW and ECW), but the kind we now have in various indie operations, the many regions that are currently on fire (UK Scene), and yes, those that you can simply log onto YouTube, or some other streaming service to find content of.
The pro wrestling fan doesn't have to have cable anymore. Actually, there isn't much of a need for cable as is. And quite frankly, the pro wrestling fan probably doesn't even need national wrestling companies as well.
Just like the pro wrestling fan, I too find myself in this peculiar area on the spectrum seeking and exploring various organizations, offerings, and presentations of the art form that is available. Much like I did in the past, I'm open to seeing what's out there, and more importantly, what is entertain…