Skip to main content

The IF Factor: Questions Answered #171-180

171. If you could go back in time, as yourself, to live for one year at any point in history, what year would you choose, and where would you go?

I would love to go back to Junior High School as I had a lot of fun and had many memories there. However, for the sake of redemption and a clear do-over, I will select my senior year of college. I would love to have that year over, and possibly handle a few things differently. And heck, maybe even blog throughout it. 

172. If you were to receive a letter today from anyone you have known during your lifetime, who would it be from and what would it say?

From my brother. It would say, "sorry (to me and my family), I was a total idiot".

173. If you could have received a telegram from one famous person now alive, who would it be from, and what would it say?

Mariano Rivera. It would say, "Dear friend and my biggest fan, please come down to Panama with me, and I will show you how to throw the cutter."

174. If you were to be successful in another profession, what would you want to do?

Ohh, probably something in the communications field. But I love athletics, events, and recreation. No change planned in the future. 

175. If you had to spend all of your vacations for the rest of your life in the same place, where would you go?

Tough one. Probably, St. Lucia. 

176. If you won a lottery, what is the first thing you would do?

I would buy my parents a house. 

177. If you could be a member of any club or association in the world, what would it be?

I've always been a loner. I'm not sure there is a club or association I'm dying to be a part of. Maybe, I'd help volunteer for the Boys and Girls Club of America. 

178. If you were given $5,000 to spend in one store in the world, where would you do your shopping?

Best Buy. Hello 80" television. 

179. If you were to perform in the circus, what would you do?

Coordinate each event. I'm definitely not circus talent material. 

180. If you could master one type of cuisine, which one would you choose?

I would say Mexican, because it's my favorite, but I'd go with Italian because it sounds impressive. 

Recent Favorites

DP Review of the Alternate Knicks Orange Jersey

One of the good aspects about having a blog and being truthful and honest about it, is the hindsight thought process it provides. DP devotees already know how much I love my New York Knicks, and how excited I was about their new jerseys last year. It was a new look that was desperately needed ( DP Review On Knicks New Uniforms ).  In reviewing those jerseys last year, I had the following comments in regards to then-rumors regarding the addition of an alternative orange jersey for the Knicks and overall NBA changes to the Christmas Day special jerseys:  "As long as we do not add an "alternative jersey" (I read rumors of an orange one - woof!) (and the league-wide Spanish jerseys are fine). And please, please - PLEASE - let's finally do away with the awful green jerseys we feel the need to wear on Christmas and St. Patrick's day! Pretty please!"

Quick Ponder: Daily Armor

Imagine, if we can see the dents and scratches, the smashes and chaos,  on the daily armor, each of us put on. Just imagine. 

Predictions and Wild Guesses for the 2024 MLB Season

Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports After an off-season where the Los Angeles Dodgers spent the equivalent of a nation's GDP to acquire talent - I'm not sure if that's factual, but it felt like it - the 2024 MLB Season is finally here.  Sure, this Yankees fan is not just annoyed with the big spending of the Dodgers, but yeah, secretly envious as well. That used to be us, man!  Regardless, baseball is back on the docket. While my beloved New York Knicks have my attention and all of my heart, including what has been a fun March Madness period for men's and women's basketball, it's soothing to have baseball back. I can't explain what it is, but baseball just does that for me.  Nonetheless, let's do what we do in this post every year. Here are my wacky predictions and wild guesses for the 2024 season.  --- STANDINGS (WINS) AL EAST Orioles - 93 Yankees - 90 Blue Jays - 85 Red Sox - 82 Rays - 80 AL CENTRAL Twins - 88 Tigers - 86 Guardians - 81 Royals - 70 White Sox -